View Single Post
Old 21 May 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Here are some photos of our wonderful dinner!

And at the end of the buffet was the absolute highlight - our martini action station. This was something I’d wanted pretty much since I found out about Disney weddings (#notexaggerating) and involves a wonderful chef cooking up a carb of your choice, and then serving it in super cute martini glasses and adding the toppings you choose. We couldn’t decide which carb we wanted, so we got all 3. Ha. We had risotto, mashed potato, and mac and cheese. For our toppings, we had bacon bits, gravy, chives, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms, broccoli...you name it, we had it. Oh, and we also casually had lobster. Which my Mum freaked out about haha! She was so excited!

So the reason i’m telling you all this is in the hopes that you’ll understand why I had to get all 3 carbs. 3 martini glasses. On a separate plate as I’d already filled my buffet plate. The action station chef and the CM who was serving us seemed to absolutely love the fact that I was getting so much food, so that was nice to have that support! He then walked me over to the sweetheart table and sat me down, asked me what I’d like to drink, and went to get it. Dream service! I of course chose to sample our speciality drink, the ‘Blue-Eyed Birman’, named after our kitty Saffie (Princess Sapphire if you wanted to call her by her full, official name! ).

This cocktail was incredible and everyone raved about it - in fact when me and Ben were having our photos taken, the DFTW co-ordinator who was with us was chatting to us about what a great time our guests were having and how we were not to worry while we were having our pics taken! In fact, she said, they were having such a great time that they’d already powered through 2 kegs of the cocktail and the staff had had to make another batch up! She said that was the quickest they’d ever had to do that! I immediately felt immensely proud of our guests! So yeah, it was lovely. Benj then came over to the sweetheart table accompanied by his buffet assistant, sat down, and was bought a drink. And then we ate! It honestly was one of the best plates of food I’ve ever had in my life. We sat back and enjoyed our food while watching our guests go up and down to the buffet, laughing as we overheard snippets of conversation (my personal favourite being our friend Lucy saying to her boyfriend Joe ‘I feel like I’m at a Kardashian wedding! ’) and chatting to a few guests who came up to say hi. I was pretty intent on eating though so I kind of just carried on! It was actually really lovely to sit on our own because we had the chance to chat about the day so far and catch up, and also to watch our guests enjoy the experiences they were having. 100% recommend a sweetheart table if anyone’s on the fence at all! Everyone was going mad over the martini action station - once Lucy found out I had 3 glasses she made Joe go up and get her another mashed potato with blue cheese dressing, ‘because the bride said it was okay!’ So yeah, the food went down incredibly well, and I think we were all just a bit wowed by everything!

I’m gonna finish this section of the wedding day recaps with this super cute photo of us and Ashley Jane

Okay guys I’m gonna leave it there because this is just an insanely long post already! The next (and probably final!) section of the wedding day recap will be our speeches, reception, and dessert party. Yay! I hope you all enjoyed reading this, and apologies again for all the Photobucket stress and the delay, and I hope Flickr works! xxxx

Edited at 11:09 PM.
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List