Thread: So Expensive
View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post

food i'm not sure about, we have been on dining plan mainly the last few years, and though we were paying OOP last year, the only meals i remember thinking were expensive were the disney TS ones we did which is what i expected anyway.

we had a couple of meals (one in, one takeaway) from Chilis and they were lovely, same at bahama breeze. we ate at outback, millers, logans and mannys amongst others and didn't think any of those were outrageously priced.

in fact - being a boring factoid i have all our hol spends logged and categorised and can see that we spend an average of £91 a day in food and snacks - that includes lunches (we breakfasted in the villa) and dinner. We would have had a main and an occasional dessert and i would have had 1 alcoholic beverage more times that not with dinner. That's for 2 ad 1 ch. most expensive meal - hollywood and vine £120 and cheapest chilis take out £25

we absolutely would have had everything we wanted to eat and not restricted ourselves, and bought snacks if we wanted them but we did stock up on snacks to take to the park at walmart (included above) and alcohol and breakfast foods for the villa there too.

Maybe we are just naturally very thrifty in our food choices - but i don't find that overly expensive. Bearing in mind the majority of the lunches were in disney parks and we did BOG, trattoria al forno character breakfast, 1900 PF, rainforest cafe and H&V
I do think part of the problem is simply eating out so much for 2-3 weeks. If people did this in the UK in the equivalent of Outback etc they would find it expensive too. Just a takeaway curry for 3 without extras or drinks used to cost us 30GBP+. I certainly never found anywhere with steaks as good as Longhorn for a similar price. Add in the salad, bread and side with free soft drink refills and they were cheaper than our local pub. A steak there came with a tiny portion of chips and a salad garnish and that was it.the sodas were also half the size with no refills.