View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fra View Post
Etihad business was excellent especially on the A380, was still really good on the A330 as well though.

Virgin Upper Class on the 747 is also very good although I prefer to be in the front of the plane instead of the upper deck.

BA Club World was very Meh! and I won't be rushing back there.

So, if all things were equal and I was going to MCO then that would rule out Etihad. Without hesitation I would choose Virgin Atlantic. I think the service is better in Virgin Atlantic compared to BA as I've never had bad service on Virgin but I've experienced bad service (and food) on BA.
Hi Fra, I like that threads of this calibre produce differing opinions and experience. We're VA travellers due to their PE product (sadly that'll be ending soon tho due to new aircraft/refits of existing fleet) but had appalling UC food on our May 2017 flight to the UK. Crew, as always, were canny but UC food was totally inedible. I opted for steak, the US chef had used boot sole, all returned, as we'd been served last there was absolutely nothing to eat, crew admitted they'd tried to cut the steak and given up! Hubs given seared tuna that was still frozen solid, back it went. Water for tea/coffee was, at best, tepid for the whole journey, so no hot drinks. I wonder if there was a problem heating UC ovens on that flight. Had some grotty airline food over the years, and whilst our UC meal was by far the worst we're still VA travellers, but carry a Boots Meal Deal, even when in UC