View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dacoops321
Trying for More Ears

A word of caution!

Good evening/morning for you guys!

I have been in Florida since February, moved here with work before Covid turned the world upside down! My family have been here for a week.

My family have just been on an epic journey to join me here...

We had it all planned out, 15 days (has to be 14 clear days so can not include day of travel) in barbados and direct to Miami. We used Qured (london) for Covid PCR test - can recommend them! Everything was sorted!

Family get to Barbados and American airlines cancel their flight into miami, without so much as a word. Fortunatley the night i planned to do the API with my wife on facetime she didnt want to do it. So we left it a few days, when we logged on to do it the flight had gone. Frantic call to AA who ensured us that we could change our flights to a few days later. The good package deal we had for hotel - the rate had changed, cost us $1450 for 3 extra nights for 4 people! Wary of what had happened, kept checking the flights - one day, they had disappeared again! As before not a word from AA. This time, AA said that the Barbados Govt have banned ALL airlines from the US landing in the country. So no flights in = no flights out!

I had to book my family flights to Kingston on caribbean airlines, a hotel in the city for one night and then flights into Miami.

You’d think after this epic journey all would be good.

Immigration was quite the grilling for them, all while im sat in arrivals in Miami. My family all have L2 visas and it took quite a lot of convincing and evidence to allow them to enter!

I hate to rain on anyones parade... I would just be very careful and mindful you may have to be extremely flexible. Perhaps look at Jamaica as your 15 day diversion... you have to have had a covid test within 10 days and stay in authorized hotels and resorts. Then just be hopeful that all goes well at Miami.

Do you not have a management company that you could get to check up on the place for you?
hoping for Feb 2015 return
Dacoops321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List