Thread: Australia 2022
View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
This is fab. We are also planning a 2022 trip. Lots of ideas here. We want to do one of the trains but he wants to go up oz while I want to go west to east ! Not sure about Uluru as heard lots of stories about flies - I can’t stand them here so don’t know how I’d cope - a Scottish midge net i suppose.
There are a lot of flies at Uluru and you really need one of those hats with a net on. But beware of Western Australia too, anywhere outside of Perth in the warmer months. You will be covered, and I mean covered in flies in seconds. I remember we had to beat them off each other’s backs before getting back into the car every time we made a stop, hundreds of them.

As per my other post, I have done both trains, we did the Ghan first as it is the really iconic train I think. Both trips were very good, but if I had to pick, I would recommend the Ghan (your husbands choice) as the red centre scenery is stunning, the stops are more interesting and an opportunity to learn about the indigenous people.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List