Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
Going to a mall in a suit is totally different from wearing bikinis in a hotel surrounded by people in suits. When you’re on holiday you want to feel like your on holiday and not be reminded of work all of the time being in that environment where everyone’s is stressed working on laptops. Besides my main complaint is that there were not enough facilities when the conventions were on.

All UK travel agents market Coronado springs the same way, towards families. Besides as I’ve said the hotel was lovely and it’s not a complaint, just an observation that i personally preferred the vibe in other hotels. I’ve stayed in Coronado springs before albeit years ago and loved it. Don’t remember any conventions and if there was it didn’t have any impact on us and we really liked the decor and atmosphere. That’s why we didn’t hesitate to go back, which is why it’s disappointing that to us it just felt like a different vibe to the hotel this year that would make me choose elsewhere.
Are you saying that people in business suits shouldn't be allowed to stay at the hotel? Like nearly all hotels, CSR is open to all - whether they want to visit on holiday or are there on business. I'm sure when the business people are there they probably don't want to be reminded of vacation all the time being in that environment where everyone is enjoying themselves by the pool whilst they're stuck in a meeting.

Although it's marketed as a family hotel by travel agents who are selling the hotel to families, it's also marketed as a convention centre to those looking for a business venue. Clearly, UK travel agents are not going to market it as a convention centre to UK families nor are Disney's business agents going to market it as a family resort to business folk looking for a convention centre. The marketing is targeted at it's audience.

But even if it is primarily a family resort (and, tbh, it is) it shouldn't mean that business people can't have conferences and meetings there.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List