View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
I still think they want to cater to families as you say one of the conventions was a child one,I think unfortunately like everything Disney sometimes it gets very busy!
I think maybe they will look at counter service again in the future, but I think they hope the tower convention guests will eat in the Dahlia lounge and toledo more that mercado de Coronado!
We visited Coronado last September for a quick look around and couldn't believe how quiet is was, all the pools were empty and at that point the dig site was closed and the counter service was empty just us and one other family in, so I suppose it just depends when you visit!
Of course you expect Disney to be busy, especially in the summer but it was already busy on the days when there were no conventions. On the days that there were conventions this doubled.

I agree I think they are hoping people from conventions will be using the new bars/ restaurants in the tower, however mercado de Coronado is outside the convention centre so it will inevitably be used by them, especially for breakfast and lunch. Hopefully they add more quick service eating in the tower, even a snack bar would help.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List