View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 14, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

An Irish Min And 3 Scots Min Walk Into A Bar ... In NYC June 2014

Having started and not finished 2 disney world pre/trip reports my resolution was to start and complete this one for our upcoming trip to NYC!

Il start with a bit of background! I'm Lauren, 23 will be 24 by the time we head to the big Apple! I am a midwife and mostly love my job but live for holidays! I live with my boyfriend of 7 years, Ross, and we have been to disneyworld together twice once for my first trip Xmas 2009 and again in August 2011.

Us on our first trip above

However... This is a girlie trip!

The reason for this trip is to celebrate my sister Ashleigh's 21st birthday! She is currently finishing her apprenticeship to be a draughts person so although her birthday is the end of April our trip is booked for June!

Me and Ash at our grandparents diamond wedding party above (ash left, me right!)

Also going on this trip is our friends Anna and Ber! They have both been to NYC before! Anna (lovely red head!) we met 7 years ago whilst working in a jewellers together and have been friends ever since! Ber is also a midwife, I met her whilst working as a midwife in Essex (although she's the Irish one! ) when I first qualified as there were no jobs in Aberdeen! She was an amazing friend feeding me tea and biscuits and banter when I was home sick! And the rest they say is history!

Me and ber after a very successful cocktail happy hour before seeing Priscilla queen of the desert in London!

We are staying in NYC for 7 whole nights! From 9th June 2014! Ash, Anna and I are leaving first thing in the morning flying from Aberdeen to London Heathrow and meeting Ber here before flying out to New York with Virgin!

Whilst there we will be staying our 7 nights in a one bed suite at the Affinia Manhattan! The pics look fab and we're told it has been recently done up! The suite will have one queen and then a sofa bed, with kitchenette and bathroom. Perfect!

We have mentioned that the trip is for a special occasion so maybe we can keep our fingers toes and any other limbs crossed for a cheeky upgrade!

We are planning on customising a day by day ittinery to fit in as much as possible to our trip but are waiting to all get together before doing this! I will update nearer the time!

I look forward to hearing from you Dibbers that have been here and any advise!

In the meantime I have my NYC bag and matching purse already for taking with me on our touring! Lovely hinted Xmas prezzie from the other half!

12 days to go! Nearing our SDD!

Case all packed! Found it very difficult to pack minimally however all my dollars saved up to ensure it's full on our return!

Our ESTAS are done ✔️
Got our 7 days New York passes ✔️
We have also booked tickets for the crown on the Statue of Liberty for the Wednesday! Very excited for this!

Because this trip is for my sisters 21st we have booked The View for dinner on the Saturday night! We plan to get all dolled up and go for drinks afterwards! Iv heard lots of great reviews about this place so went ahead and made a 7:30 reservation this morning!

Only things left to do now:

🔵Get insurance
🔴Decide on outfit for flying out!
⚪️Pack hand luggage
🔵Get more dollars on my dollar card-payday tomorrow!
🔴Be chief bridesmaid the Friday before we fly on the Monday!

Edited at 08:40 PM.
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List