Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
Am I missing something here ? Apart from looking different does it have any new capabilities or is this something for the future ?
You can swap the middle part (the "puck" as people seem to be calling it) which contains the RFID chip and battery into another holder - like a keyring, lanyard, or special decorated strap.

Also, in time I'd guess that Disney might sell other things to fit into the holes of the strap. So, when you come home, you'd be able to pull out the puck and replace it with a watch, for example.

Admittedly, Disney could've just sold RFID-enabled lanyards and keyrings without the puck.

Originally Posted by mummabluberry View Post
Hi there,
Does anybody know how 'soon' the new wristbands will be rolled out? I shall be arriving on 30th November so may not be soon enough for us I guess.
Apparently, the new bands will be issued to WDW annual pass holders in December and from January 2017 resort guests will start to receive them. I guess they'll start being sold in the stores soon after that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List