View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 14 - travel home day

Sat at MCO with a couple of hours to spare so thought I'd write up the food from this morning.

For breakfast we headed to the food court and used 2QS credits and 2 snack credits as the children weren't really hungry. We got:
Me - Western omelette with no ham and a fruit pot, with a Kind bar.
Andy - Spinach and feta omelette with sausages and a a pain au chocolat.
Izzy and Brodie - Croissant.

My omelette was nice enough, but I really wasn't in the mood for food, so was forcing myself to eat it really. The fruit pot was freshing and easier on my stomach. I think it's end of holiday blues setting in plus a bit of anxiety about our first ever indirect flight. I guessed that Andy would order the spinach and feta omelette again and I was right He thought this was delicious and I'm sure he would have had more if he'd come across them sooner. It wasn't actually showing on the menu board today, so he asked and they were happy to make it for him. They made quite a few, so I'm guessing other people asked too.

We hadn't done any packing, so it was back to the room to pack before a quick bite to eat, cashing out our left over credits then catching the Magical Express at 1.10pm. We used 4 QS credits for lunch and needed to get drinks this time as we'd packed our refillable mugs. We got:
Me - Turkey BLT with a cranberry and raspberry Minute Maid.
Andy - Bacon cheeseburger with fries and a cherry Coke.
Izzy - Plain pasta with grilled chicken a breadstick with a bottle of water.
Brodie - Plain pasta with grilled chicken and a breadstick with a bottle of chocolate Nesquik.

The turkey BLT is really good and probably the best thing I got from the CBR food court. Andy enjoyed his burger and the children were happy with their plain pasta and chicken. And that's it for Disney food

We had 21 snack and 11 QS credits left which gave us 54 snacks. I'll photograph some when I'm home and unpacked, but we got a mixture of treat to take back plus things for our journey home. Our treats included: package of Lays (Walkers), pretzels, Kind bars, M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, boxes of Minnie cookies, boxes of shortbread, bags of chocolate coins and some lovely Mickey head style chocolate coins.

We'll see what Delta offer in the way of food, but the plan is to get a bite to eat at JFK if we have time.

Thanks everyone for reading along and all your lovely comments. I wasn't sure how I'd get on doing the report live, but it's worked really well for me

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 05:18 PM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List