View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

We have this same issue (we have been in our new build for 17 months), but we have been using our battle with the builder as an "excuse" for not moving forward.

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was sick of it and we went out bed shopping and bought a bed... This seems to have spurred me on as I want the main bedroom decorated for when the bed arrives.

Now I'm under a specific time pressure it's like things have fallen into place.

I know what I want the main bedroom painted to look like and have already started looking for accessories.

We have wallpapered one wall of the lounge and now I'm looking for curtains.

You don't have to think of it all at once but when you start to get some momentum the ideas will start to flow.

In case it helps I've decided the master bedroom will be emerald and copper (but with only one feature wall and the rest white as we aren't massively "out there" when it comes to decor.

Kids room is a pastel green and pastel pink and I've bought rainbow decorative items from Ali Express (rainbow coloured dream catcher, rainbow wall stickers, rainbow pom pom string and a Nordic style hanging and rainbow double panel curtains from amazon).

Downstairs loo will be Jungle Cruise themed as a year ago I bought a porthole style mirror from Next and a print to go in there and some elephants. We will either paper with jungle print or paint green.

Bedroom 2 will be painted a sage green and cream.

Downstairs study (used as playroom) will be same as kids bedroom in terms of colour hut without a specific theme of rainbows... I may put some clouds on the wall as we have a hot air balloon light and may add more hot air balloons hanging from the ceiling.

I'll decide on bathrooms, bedroom 4, hall, kitchen/dining/family space after these projects have completed.