View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Could've shared that! - 21 nights DDP, offsite and onsite again..

So that's us back a week and I thought I'd get started on the dining report while the flavours are still fresh. I'd like to say I'm unpacked but I'm not and dining reports take precedence! I plan on doing a trip report too but thought I'd do this first then link to it in the trip report. The pre-trip report is here but for anyone who can't be bothered reading the 5 pages here's a bit of an intro -

So the cast is me, Lisa, turned 45 while there , my sister Marie, 40 and our parents. Marie and I have been going to Florida together for many years, with friends, with family and on our own. We hadn't been with Mum and Dad since we were teenagers but this was Marie's 40th birthday trip and they decided to come. We spent the first two weeks in Old Key West in a 2 bed villa with free DDP then Mum & Dad moved on to Las Vegas and then New York moving back down to Orlando on our last full day so we could all fly home together. Marie and I went from OKW to Royal Pacific at Universal for 4 nights and then rented DVC points at BLT for our last 3. We'd also managed to rent points for Mum & Dad to stay at BLT for that last night.

Overall free dining was a success for us but we had loads of credits left. I think it was down to having the full kitchen in the villa at OKW as we were able to make a decent breakfast every morning. Due to bad timing we also ate offsite a couple of times that felt like a waste of money given we had all those credits. It also made paying for food that last week hard!

Anyway, on with the report.

I've added in links to each day by the main restaurant we ate in.

Olivia's, OKW (lunch)
Tusker House (breakfast), Wolfgang Pucks Express, Riverside Mill Food Court
Be Our Guest (lunch) and Narcoossee's
Le Cellier
Backlot Express and Trattoria al Forno
Gastons, Pecos Bill and Rainforest Cafe (DS)
Bubba Gumps and Bill & Mins Dockside Diner
Moon Rock Cafe (KSC) and Olivia's (dinner)
The Yachtsman
Monsters Cafe (US) and Sanaa
Wolfgang Pucks Express (breakfast), Auntie Gravities and Liberty Tree Tavern
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
Sunshine Seasons, Electric Umbrella, Riverside Mill
Wolfgang Pucks Express and Yak & Yeti
Contempo Cafe
Leaky Cauldron, Hard Rock Cafe & Panda Express
Cheesecake Factory & RPR Room Service
Orchid Court (RPR), Margaritaville & Beverly Hills Boulangerie (US)
Cinnabon, Mythos and Be Our Guest (dinner)
Sunshine Seasons, Rainforest Cafe and Casey's Corner
ABC Commissary, Starring Rolls and Grand Floridian Cafe

The full trip report is here if anyone wants to read.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:12 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List