View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I found this with my youngest son too. He’s 14 now and seems to have found a lot of energy and enthusiasm again. He’s been doing taekwondo for the past 6 years, and this past few months he’s starting to really enjoy it again, rather than just plodding along as he had been for a while. He’s now training twice per week (3 hours total), and aiming for his full black belt in the autumn. He helps train the younger/lower belts too and enjoys it all.
He went through a stage of just playing his Xbox/ps etc, but has become much more sociable again and as I said, more active.
He actually got up at 3.30 this morning to go with his dad to walk to the summit of Mt Snowdon. A couple of years ago, he wouldn’t have done that.

OP - I hope he is just going through a lull with karate atm, as it’s such a shame to give up after so long.
It sounds like there is hope then that he might come out of this lull that he’s in.. I really want him to stick with it.
Well done to your son for getting up at 3:30! Hope he’s enjoying himself!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List