View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
April you are going to need a comfortable chair and a cup,of tea for this one!

DH grew up in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea (born in Oz) as his father was working in shipping. They had access to AFRTS, The Armed Forces Radio and Television Services (based in Guam) and all it showed was news and sports, which is how he became aware of the Red Sox. When they moved back to OZ in his early teens he joined a local baseball league and this just cemented his love of the game. To be fair he loves all sports!

Please tell Poot I will happily give him my review once I have read the Molasses Flood. I'm just impatiently waiting for it to arrive.

I think it is amazing the things you can learn on the dibb, Colette is lucky to have such a lovely man in her life to share all his fast food knowledge. I haven't tried KFC in America but we have tried Popeyes's Chicken and it was delicious (especially the biscuits - which are not cookies! More like a savoury scone).

My secret YouTube addiction is the Expedia city tours. I could watch them, all day.

As for a trippie, I have to leave that to the experts like you! There are so many other amazing TR writers, I couldn't possibly compete

Great minds, Michelle! Popeye's biscuits are my FAVOURITE. When I worked in venture capital, my boss used to take us all to Popeye's once a month. There was only one restaurant IN Minnesota - and it was in a...hmm...slightly dodgy neighbourhood. We used to stick out like sore thumbs in our suits, but it was worth it for those biscuits.

What a fascinating childhood that must have been for your DH. I hope he's taken you back to some of his old haunts.

Poot is very keen to visit PNG to see the volcanoes, though I must confess whenever I think of Papua New Guinea - I think of the stories my linguistics professor used to tell us. He was out there just after the war, documenting the local languages - what an adventure! Amazing to think that he worked with folks who were still eating "long pig".

I have quite a few YouTube guilty pleasures...but I've never seen the city tours - I'll be popping a couple on to my "watch later" list...which is currently something like 1,300 videos long.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List