View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scotpod View Post
Afternoon everyone

Hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me regarding opting out of mousekeeping.
I will be staying at all star resorts for 20 nights as a solo traveller so...

1. Do all star have the option for me to opt out of mousekeeping
2. how do I do it?
3. is it an "all or nothing" service (might just like a quick Hoover, sheets changed and bathroom area cleaned twice during my stay ).
4. how to request fresh towels, bins emptied, etc
and finally
5.what is the voucher they offer you?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a solo traveller I am not likely to make much of a mess and was curious about this.
All information gratefully received
1 and 2. Yes. They’ll ask if you want the “service your way” and explain what it is. If they don’t offer it automatically then just ask if you can opt out of housekeeping.

3. People seem to be getting mixed results on that. I asked at FQ and they’d do a mid stay clean for $10. Others haven’t had that option.

4. You can leave used towels/rubbish by your door when you go out for the day. Or we’ve been putting small rubbish bags in the bin by the lift as we’ve left the room. You can phone using your in room phone to request more towels/toilet paper/rubbish bags/toiletries etc. They are really nice and happy to bring however many you ask for.

5. They emailed me a voucher. When you buy something or if you want to use it in a restaurant they just scan the email or take down the number. Someone recently said you can still get in a physical gift card form if you don’t have a phone though.
You can use the gift card pretty much everywhere
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List