View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm going to add the pre-travel day here as it doesn't really warrant it's own post.

It's been a long week. I've been up panicking about various things all week. I've upgraded our group W midsize SUV to a group Z Chevy Tahoe. (or similar) I was also up at 3am googling if pens class as liquids on planes. 😮 I've never been anxious with holidays - it's actually my comfort zone. I think I was just so prepared I didn't feel prepared!

Dropped the pets off by 9am this morning and went for a blow dry at my favourite salon. That should help the person behind me not have a birds nest poking through their seat!
Pretty uneventful drive down to Gatwick for once and we were done at Twilight check in by 5pm.
I had my nails done yesterday too! Very exciting.

We are staying at The Bloc. I am such an advocate for the place as it's not much more expensive than elsewhere, when you add on the ease of valet parking, the fact elsewhere you need shuttles payable per person when theres 4 of us, I think it's the best choice.
We checked into our room and there was such a stench. It was so bad it was unbearable. Like BO and mold put together but on acid.
Andy went down and mentioned it to reception. He is super calm and level headed so is best for these things.
They genuinely sent a guy up with a can of airfreshner! 😡😂 I said to him I'm sorry, I've checked my bags in. I cant have this smell tainting all my belongings I have left.
Then 2 lovely blokes came and gave us a new room a couple of doors down. They said it must have been the sunlight?! The room we have is the same room, same window and is fine so only a fly on the wall could tell you what it actually was!

We walked down for tea at the Weatherspoons. Giraffe was really busy.
Andy and Joey had burgers, Maisey chicken nuggets and I had a chicken and mushroom risotto. We all really enjoyed it! With 2 pints and 2 Pepsi's it was £52.

Then we had to have the salted caramel cookie dough! Maisey and I shared and the boys scoffed one each. With one more beer that was an extra £18.

We are just in the room playing some cards but all defo need an early night. We will probably watch a bit of telly.
Flight is at 12 to Tampa but we will be in the My Lounge from when we check out. Bring on the pancakes!

Edited at 07:21 PM.
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List