Old 17 May 19, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
PLANET HOLLYWOOD

I thought we’d give this a go. Not been for years and we like these kind of places.

We walked straight in with no wait. It was incredibly different inside from our last visit. You could tell they spent a fair amount rebranding it.

Standard drinks although Kelly had a beer.

We decided to push the boat out and get the High Roller Sampler for four. It had Chicken Crunch, Texas Tostados, Buffalo Wings, Five Cheese Dip, and Fried Jumbo Shrimp. This was expensive but tasty although Lily didn’t each much.

For mains I went for the ribs. These were fine but nowhere near the quality of The Polite Pig ribs. It was also was served on a novelty bench for some reason. It looked cool but eating was awkward due to how high it was. It came with triple fries( 3 different kinds of fries) These were just ok.

Kelly fancied pasta so had Penne pesto with brocolli and chicken. Well that was the plan

Evie was being really indecisive went for Planet Hollywood’s take on lasagne. I believe the pasta is deep fried. She took one bite and hated it. Too rich for her so Kelly swapped. She didn’t like Kelly’s either

Lily on the kids plan was persuaded to not have Mac and cheese for once. She went for chicken fingers and fries. I don’t know who’s fingers they were based on but it was a massive portion for a kid. She didn’t eat much. She wished she had stuck to the Mac and cheese.

There was a nice atmosphere inside during the meal. One particular server really enjoyed performing and singing along to YMCA when it came on.

For desserts Lily didn’t want anything. Kelly and Evie both went for the sticky toffee pudding which they enjoyed. How they managed to eat it I’ll never know

I asked if I could swap my dessert for a milkshake, not one of the ludicrous ones, but was told no. Not sure why. Same price. I sulked and said I didn’t want anything then.

Overall this was ok. It wasn’t great, it wasn’t bad. We probably shouldn’t have ordered the appetisers and looked into Evie’s dish a bit more but like I said a nice fun atmosphere. Expensive if not on the ddp.

4 t/s credits used.

Edited at 09:44 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List