GlenF
Trying for More Ears

Place Picked up from:- TPA - 30th October 16 - 21st Nov 16
Category of car hired:- Std Suv
Category of car Taken:- Prem Crossover then changed FOC to a Full Size SUV
Make & Model:- Chevrolet Traverse then Dodge Durango
Hire company used:- Alamo Brits
Paid £598 for fully inclusive for 3 Weeks

Arrived at Tampa, straight to the garage, a nice older gent asked when what Car I had allocated, without any haggle he offered me a Chevy Traverse or a Ford Explorer Ltd (I did ask for the Q80 Infiniti he had but he said no..)
Both of which were without a working Sat Nav.
I chose the Chevy (which was on a New Jersey plate Z61 GUY) although it had 11k miles & was a bit dented & scratched outside, it was clean inside.

Had an issue after 10 days with the engine management light flickering, so a quick email & reply & changed the Car at Clearwater Airport.
Perfect customer services, no need to replace the fuel on the Traverse (only quarter tank when returned), exchanged for a fully fuelled Durango ( could of had a Tahoe too).
Had all the bells & whistles (SatNav, reverse camera, leather & made a perfect trip to the Keys later.

The Traverse was thirsty @26mpg, but the trip down the Keys was almost 37mpg with the Durango.

Both boots were very small if you used it as a 7 seater, but fine with the back row down for easily 4 large cases & hand luggage.

Both Cars are BIG but just what I needed going through the 5 lane road works in Miami & the 8hr drive each way to the Keys.
I'm not sure how fun it would of been in a smaller car.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
GlenF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List