View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Triple Treat Tour July 2016 Day 3 Part 3 NY Mets Baseball and Empire State at night

Day 3 Part 3 . The bit before is just HERE

Goodness a 3 part day – its like a Hobbit Saga, I hope you are keeping up

I didn’t realise what a busy day this was , it didn’t feel too bad at the time

But we were on our knees by the time it was over

That might have been the 8 flights of stairs at the ESB though

We left part 2 with us returning to the hotel mid afternoon for a couple of hours rest before setting off for the baseball

My “rest” was to start packing – getting one case sorted with clothes we wouldn’t be needing for the next couple of days.

It had got hot again and the subway was heaving – it was 5.30 and peak commuting time

Ho hum

This isn’t my picture – it’s been taken from google ( you can see they have hats and coats on, no way is it July ) but it kinda shows what we were met with …

The one time we prayed for the express , not one in sight

So we caught the 7 local train to Willets

40 minutes of being way more up close and personal to some Noo Yawkers than we really needed to be

Of course as the commuters got off they were just replaced with Mets Fans

It was a proper squish

We arrived at the stadium ( now there was great signposting at this station) and a short walk across from the subway we are here

Through the security check where Billy Bitcoin gets singled out again and at the ticket turnstiles but all very painless for the rest of us

Our seats are somewhere in the rafters

We pass through the lower levels

I think this may be photo of the holiday – what in jeffs name was I trying to take a picture of !

We picked up a Coke and a Beer - extortionate $17 !

Here we are , seated just about one level below the international space station

We had not factored in the sun in our seat selection ( I know, planning lesson 101 )

It was right overhead

It was scorchio

Heads were burning

Backs were sweaty

Ewwww

Fortunately it wasn’t a sell out so we were able to move around a bit to find shade

This really is a Big Apple

Onto the game then

Yesterday the Mets had won in an 8-6 thriller

They obviously were having a rest day today

It was not very exciting

The boys, for whom we booked this instead of a Broadway show, spent the majority of time with noses pressed to iphones

It was a great atmosphere

But a deadly dull game

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List