View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Triple Treat Tour July 2016 Day 9 Busch Gardens, Ellenton Outlets, Millers Ale House

The previous day is HERE

Monday 11 July

Ugh

Awake at 0330, that’s just ridiculous, even for me

Finally drift off around 5 until 7 when I admit defeat and amuse myself ironing – helped along by Wesh and a Danish

Ah well, all not so bad then

We load up the cool box – just one of those cheap polystyrene boxes but holds 6 frozen water bottles which in turn keep 6 cans and assorted pastries nice and cold pretty much all day

We were all ready by 0815 except Andy who had just discovered Pokemon Go and we couldn’t leave until he had caught a Pideon thing – of course.

And I absolutely did not mention this once when we were stood in the very large, hot and disorganised queue at Busch Gardens.

Those extra 15 minutes at home – never mentioned them once

Just the odd dozen times ……

And we are off at 0830 , arriving just before 0945 after a nice uneventful drive.

This is probably the busiest we have ever seen Busch as we are usually here at the end of August.

There is a big queue at security that is not very ( should read at all) organised and seems to get everyone into lines to just bunch up again at the turnstiles. :angry:

Turnstiles

There must be a better way

Just pants

Wont read barcodes or fingerprints yada yada yada

Someone needs to revolutionise queuing and admission technology.

We are finally in at 10 and arrange to meet the boys later around mid day at Stanleyville – I am sure I advised them to go on Cobras Curse first as it will be the busiest but they completely ignored this wisdom and headed for Cheetah Hunt which had a 35 minute wait.

We opted for a stroll along that way too.

Gator pile on

Yeah , he looked like I felt

We headed up to see the new ride, not that we were trying it out – wimpoids that we are

Mad’uns

All that lovely scenery and I am in shot with a ruddy bin !

Slightly scary bird – bit close for my liking with that beak

We walked round to see the Gorillas, that’s always one of our favourites and helped Andy get out of his “ I hate theme parks” head

– he says it every time – and then as we are walking round comments how much he likes it !

The teens had nipped in front of us

Do Gorillas ever ask does my bum look big in this ?

We listened to the keeper talking for ages, it was fascinating , we learned a lot.

We carried on round to pick up the train

Obviously not to pick UP the train, that would need Superman , but to have a nice tootle round, Neither of us fancied the slightly terrifying swinging buckets known as the Skyride

Some pretty plants

Great view

Not

Great Rocks being photobombed by antelope

Gnarly ostrich and more great rocks

Total fail on the animal pics, the Giraffes and Rhinos were just so not posing today !

The guide on the train was very funny – and even funnier was how he would laugh at his own jokes .

He had us in stitches all the way round. Really made all the difference .

Completely wasted on there I am sure, he was absolutely brilliant.

We arrived at Sheikra just before midday and sat waiting for the boys

As with every year some nasty beastie bit me

It happens every time and still I don’t learn

I fancied a Sundae and joined the queue – giving up when I realised it would take until next Sunday to get blimmin served. The ( very large) family in front of me were obviously ordering for the whole South American peninsula and I gave up.

Feeble.

Edited at 09:22 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List