View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
I would also recommend adding an extra night to Monterey and Yosemite by shaving off some time in LA. We did a day at Santa Monica and half a day Hollywood, really enjoyed Santa Monica but the half a day seeing the main LA sights and Hollywood was more than enough for us. Yosemite on the other hand is completely mind blowing, we stayed for 3 nights but would have loved more time there. Monterey is worthy of two nights, such a lovely place with lots to do. It’s difficult getting the right balance, we went with two older teens, didn’t do Disney or Universal but Six flags and Knotts Berry instead - amazing! Is there any flexibility with your room bookings? To flex the date a little?
That is always the problem with planning a west Coast vacation.. you are invariably trying to ram a quart or even a gallon into a pint pot. I would agree with you re LA. I did Disney, Reagan Library, 6 Flags last time. The Half day from Santa Monica into Hollywood was about right for me.
Overall I was utterly underwhelmed with LA and although we are doing Warner Bros and Universal next year, it will be straight in then straight out towards Arizona.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List