View Single Post
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Ted Lasso - the best new show this year. up there with schitts creek!

Ted Lasso, an American football coach, moves to England when he’s hired to manage a soccer team—despite having no experience. With cynical players and a doubtful town, will he get them to see the Ted Lasso Way?

so bill lawrence (scrubs, cougar town, spin city, undateable) has gona and done a new tv show in england! starring jason sudeikis as an american football coach who moves to the uk to run a sportsball team.

i hate football. but this show is one of the best things this year. it's just so *wholesome*

i've not seen a show this wholesome since joe pera talks with you (on all4, go check it if you havent heard of it - its just *lovely*)

you cant help but love almost everyone in this show. my gf wasnt convinced by the first episode, but by the third one, she was hooked too. the last episode of season 1 was on last week, so you can go watch the whole thing (its been picked up for season 2)

anyway, go take a look. its GREAT!

(on a related note, brett goldstein who plays roy kent (he HAS to be based on roy keane in some way, i swear!) also helped write the show, and also has a new one he did himself with one of the black mirror writers called SOULMATES. a new anthology series on AMC that starts tonight. looking forward to that too)

Edited at 02:06 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List