View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile Tuesday - Amsterdam

Busy day today, we needed to get bikes and we’d planned a trip to Amsterdam.

We had pastries we’d bought at Carrfour for breakfast and instant coffee from home and headed out. We’d left the car outside the chalet, as we’d arrived late and our chalet was the opposite side of the park from the car park. There was a polite note on our car requesting we move it. Picking up bikes was straight forward, we’d pre-booked them but I don’t think this saved any time or money. We popped into the central dome to grab snacks for the journey and supplies for the evening in case we were late back and see the flamingos, then dropped off shopping and rode back to the car. We were on our way by 10am which is impressive for us!

Amsterdam was about 1h 45m drive, so not too close but not knowing if we’d return to these parts we thought it worth the trip. Mr Lost has been before but it was new to the rest of us. We parked at the AJAX stadium which is a park and ride car park. The system here wasn’t too clear, you can park all day for 1€ if you use the public transport system. We bought tickets, which I think were also discounted. We didn’t realise they were only valid for an hour. You have to buy metro tickets within an hour of parking and I think within an hour of setting off again to qualify for discounts. We found the metro station and headed to Central Station.

After a wander we got noodles for lunch then headed on the metro again to go to the Stedelijk Museum. Three of four of us really enjoyed this, it’s got some great 20th century art and guides you round the development of various movements. It does have some explicit film (we discovered) and a fair few phallic references, which delighted my 8 year old! My 11 year old was more into the shop at the end!

Another wander, some churros and pop to keep us going and we headed back to the car.

Bread cheese and meats for tea. A roaring fire and a game of bananagrams before bed.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List