View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 05, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at SEQUOIA LODGE in July and we absolutely loved it. The hotel itself has a lovely cosy decor which you can appreciate even in the height of summer. The room was one of the one's in the main hotel building itself (a Montana room) and it was really lovely. There were two double beds (great when there's just two of you because after a long day in the park you can collapse on a bed each!) , table, good wardrobe and draw space, an excellent bathroom with a nice strong shower. The sink was outside of the bathroom which made it easier with multiple people getting ready at once.
We couldn't see the lake itself from our window but we could see some of Disney Village and Newport Bay and the view at night with all the lights was wonderful.
The breakfast was your basic continental and was fine, although I would recommend going early, i.e. about 7.30 to beat the larger crowds.
There is also a wonderful bar there which has a lovely atmosphere with live music on some nights.
There is a regular bus to the park but as the walk is only 5-10 minutes it is very pleasant especially as it is around the lake.
There is a swimming pool there but I didn't experience it myself, I have heard that it is one of the nicest ones out of all the hotels though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List