View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 09, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

Hotel New York - Definitely Upgrade to Empire State Club!

We returned last night from a fab 3 day trip to DLP. We were staying in the Hotel New York and I had read a bit about the Empire State Club but when I looked at prices whilst here, it was extortionate.

We have upgraded in hotels in various countries by waiting until we actually arrive and the prices seem to be really cheap in comparison to booking it here.

We enquired when we arrived and were advised that it was an extra £88 per night (this was per room and there was myself, hubby, son and daughter). We had a quick think about it and decided to go for it and we are really glad we did as it was definitely worth it.

They showed us into a dedicated reception area for Empire State Club guests where we went through paperwork. We were advised that because we were upgrading, our room was ready now (was 11am in the day and if we were going into our original room, we couldn't gain access until 3pm). We had use of a lounge where breakfast was served for Empire State Club guest only and also soft drinks, hot drinks and snacks and sweets were available all day. At the breakfast, the busiest we saw it was around 7 families having breakfast, one day there was only ourselves and another 2 families. The characters come in throughout breakfast and spend a lot of time going around, some actually were sitting down and trying to steal our brekkie! . It was quite something, opening our bedroom door and Mickey Mouse being right outside! The breakfasts were great, cooked stuff as well as toast, breads etc. On our first night, the door was knocked and we were given a photo/autograph album and pen. Also every evening, our beds were turned down and a chocolate coin was left on everyones pillow, my son was delighted! Also included was a VIP fastpass for both parks for us all.

We hardly spent any money at all whilst we were there as we had booked the Half Board plus option for our main meals where we saved quite a bit. Saved some rolls from breakfast time to have as a snack during the day, along with crisps etc I took with me. Also due to getting autographs in the hotel, we didn't wait at all at the parks to meet the characters as we already had them.

Also used TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Disney, fab only 10 mins. Bought tickets before we went and was glad we did as queues were horrendous there. Strange though, noone checked our tickets on the way there or back, could have got on without tickets as there are no barriers or anything.

Managed to get a window table at Walts Restaurant (we were last ones left in the place, the waitress was great and told us to just sit and watch even though we had finished eating) and had a birds eye view of the parade in the warmth. A good number of the characters could see us at the window when they were on the floats and waved up to us.

We were in Florida last summer and I can honestly say that we probably enjoyed our few days to DLP more as you were right on the doorstep of the parks, no having to drive to massive car parks and then getting on trains. Everything seemed so much stress free than the USA

Edited at 11:12 AM. Reason: Forgot!
benkaylamum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List