Thread: Out of term
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Our school issue letters for every unauthorised absence but no fines these are coming I. Next year.

I would think long and hard about taking children in these years out a year 5 will have 11plus next year and year 7 is secondary school. It’s not about the fine it’s about the effect it will have in the child , what there attendance record is like, their ability to catch up and how bright they are.

I do take my daughter out and will continue to do so as I feel that seeing different cultures and having family holidays is important.

Personally I would not take her out to go to a theme park, suggesting this is to see a culture and a different country is nonsense and you know it putting that in a letter to the school will make you look a fool and serve no purpose. I mean it’s not like you are going to the Great Wall of China or the pyramids and the general culture in Florida is based on being in a tourist destination like going to centre parcs to experience British culture.

If you want your kids to experience different countries and cultures don’t go to Disney go to the West see the Grand Canyon, monument valley, the rockies etc.

In short if I think you need to sum up the effect it will have on the children’s education and not whether you will get fined or not this is way more important.

You also need to accept that if you take kids out for a theme holiday the school has a right to take the decision you have made into account when dealing with you in the future.

It’s up to each parent and I would never judge but you need to think very carefully and again start with the effect on the kids education rather than saving money.

Edited at 09:06 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List