View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well, yesterday was 3 years since DD was admitted to hospital.
Things have been relatively stable since my last update
DD job at M&S which was a temp job to Xmas is now permanent , albeit only contracted to 6 hours a week . She is still getting an average of 30 hours a week and still enjoys it . The money is giving her some security for the future , despite us being able to give her that anyway , she has earned it so it gives her a sense of achievement. She is unsure what she wants to do for a " career" but for now, this suits her down to the ground and this is her living out her fear of the future - the world out there isn't a scary ( most of the time) as she felt so that must be helping her

Weight remains stable but still way too low at 49-50kg . We need to give her a severe push but that will wait until after DSs exams - any time we try a real push is a very difficult time as there is huge resistance

DS seems ok at the moment and is applying himself better to his schoolwork which in turn is giving him a bit more confidence for his exams

DDs school friend remains in hospital so that shows the reality of where we could be now. Against that , another friend from the Priory has had a baby , so that shows how things can progress

Me and my DW have just had our first weekend away on our own, leaving DD and DS to fend for themselves. They were glad when we got home, but they looked after each other and survived . They dote on each other .

Thanks for reading
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 01:01 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List