View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
It’s hard to say how much you’d have to pay. As a general guideline to BA Club World cash fare pricing to MCO, it rarely gets much below around £1400 return, even in sales. A more regular low end price would be in the £1600-1800 range, and it can often be much more.

The lowest prices available currently are around £2,200, and around £2,500 for next July. That can change (both up and down), due to demand and sale periods. The refurbishment of the 777 fleet at LGW has resulted in less CW seats, which may affect pricing. That is speculation, I don’t have data to support or refute the idea, but it’s a fact that there are less CW seats per flight now.

Part of your challenge would be whether you feel you have to book all 3 seats at the same time, since you need to strike early for the Avios seats, and that may not be the best moment for buying a cash fare. BTW, the two seat thing is not just during school holidays, BA only guarantees two CW Avios seats per flight, though more may be released at any point.

It’s also a little more complicated because you can book the outbound for the Avios seats on the day of release, then add the return later, but you can’t do that for the cash fare (at least not without paying very high one-way fares), the earliest you could book a return cash fare is when your return date is opened for sale.
Thanks so much! Anything between £1400 and £2000 would be doable! I’m not going to book the cash fare at the same time as the reward seats. Did some dummy bookings for July next year and saw the prices for immediate availability. Plan is to book the outward journey as soon as they’re released and then add on the return once they are available. I’ll probably be sad and call the US BA number to book at midnight as our return is right before the schools go back. Then wait for a sale to book the cash fare.

One thing I’m not sure about though... our 3 seats are for 2 adults and a child (age 5 when we travel). Is it possible to do the child seat as the cash booking? I know you can’t book a child fare on its own online but wondering if we could add it to our reward booking over the phone at a later date when the price is right? Would mean a slightly cheaper cash booking IYSWIM. This Reward flight stuff is complicated!