View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I’m not sure how it’s only lunch time here as we’ve had such a jam packed day already!

I had some hotel branded water on the balcony this morning while I took the photos posted above - very fancy! We also could’ve had some Wolfgang Puck coffee which is in the room although we’re not coffee drinkers.

We went down to the beach at around 7am to have a look around and then decided to walk into south beach for a wonder around before our Yard Bird brunch reservation.

We had a look down Espanola Way and then stopped by a Starbucks for the dibb favourite Strawberry Açai (W also got a can of grapefruit sparkling water but he wasn’t really a fan).

We then walked up through Lincoln Road Mall as Yard Bird isn’t too far from there. We spotted a sculpture that looked a bit like one of the transformers!

We then arrived at Yard Bird and ordered a strawberry mimosa for me and a blackberry bourbon lemonade for W. Mine was nice but it didn’t have that strong of a strawberry flavour which would’ve made it better, W liked his but wow it was strong!

For our brunch, I ordered the chicken & egg sandwich (which came on biscuits) and W ordered the smoked brisket sandwich with fries. We also got a side of mac n cheese and the fried green tomato BLTs (which are fried green tomatoes with pork belly, cheese and an amazing smoky tomato sauce rather than actual sandwiches!).

The cost was as follows:

This was EXCELLENT. The service was really good and the interior of the restaurant is lovely. My chicken sandwich was super good and W said the meal was the best he’s had all year, especially his brisket sandwich (although it was huge and he couldn’t finish it when he wanted to try the sides too!). The mac n cheese was perfect, exactly how I like it (more orange than yellow). The tomato BLTs are something so different that you won’t find elsewhere but a total must try - the flavours are amazing!

A great meal and day so far

We’re now just having a quick rest in the room with this view before going to enjoy the pool and beach:

Edited at 06:38 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List