Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again with the age of the party we would suggest on one of the days you walk up to the vernal falls, most of the way there is a good path. The last section is slightly steeper but not to stenious, when up at the falls come down via the john Muir trail back to the car park. Just note that you are at 4000 ft valley floor and will walk up to about 5500 so you will feel it slightl, it is recommended that you should have about a litre of water each with you as you get dehydrated quicker.
I didn't realise that so thanks we shall make sure we take lots of water. Vernal Falls sounds great for us.

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Your journey into the park via Tioga pass is stunning and gives some great views of half dome from another side.
Ps make sure you take binoculars with you. If you need to buy some they can be got at a reasonable price.
Would again urge the first thing you do is the valley floor tour. This gives an overview which let's you get your bearings and a little history in an easy way.2 hours.

I'm so looking forward to the drive on Tioga Pass as all I hear is how stunning it is!
Will look at doing the valley tour, thank you for all your help
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List