Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Personally I think you are all mad not letting the little ones in on the excitement of all the planning etc

To me do the "reveal" early , it will still be a surprise and just the same reaction if done a few months or more before

Then the kids have time to get involved in the planning process , deciding what to do , when to do it , what hotel / villa etc , buying all the little things to take with you , watching stuff on you tube , making homemade autograph books , getting excited telling their friends , doing a daily countdown chart etc etc

Sorry to say but doing a reveal the day before or the same day it just not fair on the kids. They would want to experience the excitement you will have had of all the build-up to it

Just my opinion .
I hear what you're saying. We weighed up the options for ages about telling them or keeping it a surprise. We've gone with surprise as DS (3) will only ask every day 'are we seeing Mickey today?' And will be upset if we're not, we've learnt this the hard way! For DD (12) I know she'd be really excited initially but because she's been 3 times before I think there's a risk that the wait would take the edge off that excitement, and as she knows what to expect there isn't much planning that she would want to do beforehand, whereas she's never just got in the car and gone

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List