View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 7

Today was our first late start of the trip with a plan for a later DHS day. We had booked Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package for 4.25pm so didn't really know how to deal with food up to then! We decided to got the Premium Outlets on Vineland and pop to the food court for breakfast first.
We used QS credits subbing our drinks for pastries to have tomorrow for breakfast and used our refillable mugs for coffee.

I had the Bounty Platter with French Toast which came with eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potato and biscuit.

I got a chocolate croissant for the next day.

Marie was desperate for a waffle so had a Bounty Platter with waffle from a different station to mine. This just came with bacon and scrambled egg. She got a croissant for the next day.

This was just ok and in hindsight, considering we were going to be short of QS credits and ended up paying OOP for quite a lot of food I wish we had just gone to iHOP. Lesson learned for next time- no more food court breakfasts!

When we got to DHS we were a bit hungry but didn't want much as we had a 3 course dinner planned so we shared some of the chili nachos from Min & Bill's Dockside Diner. We used a QS credit and shared the drink using our collapsible cups.

These were great and just enough to tide us over between us.

Dinner was our first time at Hollywood Brown Derby. We've done the other two for Fantasmic and wanted to give this a try based on reviews. It was very quiet, presumably due to it being early dinner Fantasmic package time.

We were brought some bread rolls and butter.

These were nice but nothing special.

With the Fantasmic package you get 3 course to choose from the normal menu. I was happy to have the lump crab cake.

I really enjoyed this and think Marie would have too but she went for a Cobb Salad as nothing really took her fancy.

This was enormous and I didn't think that nice. Marie thought it was ok but like with most salads got fed up after a while and left most of it.

For mains I went with the Duck Two Ways. I was asked how I wanted it cooked so said no pink. The server suggested medium well with a hint of pink as it would be overcooked otherwise. I accepted but this was pinker than I'd have liked.

It was nice but it didn't wow me.

Marie went for the Charred Filet of Beef which came with a truffle potato croquette.

Again she thought it was nice but nothing special.

Dessert was a sampler of two, the grapefruit cake and the banana toffee cake in mini form.

These were lovely and about a million times better than the poor offerings at Mama Melrose last year.
Overall I didn't not like HBD but Marie wasn't impressed and doesn't want to go back next time. This would have cost us nearly $140 but instead was 4 TS credits. We charged the full 20% tip to our room. We left 20% mainly because our server was very efficient but also because he was called Fonzie! I mean, Fonzie! Although he was nothing like The Fonz!

So our total credit spend for the day was 3 QS and 4 TS.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List