View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 12

Today was planned for a later day at Epcot with Le Cellier booked for dinner. All our FP were later too so we spent an hour or so at the pool after breakfast in the room.
We had lunch at Riverside Mill now that it was up to full strength. We considered sharing a QS and using the drink substitution to get something suitable to expand our meal but to be honest there wasn't much. Some fried green tomatoes, soup and broccoli salad was all I could see. In the end we got a meal each using QS credits and subbed the drinks for breakfast pastries again.

I had the Southern Fried Seafood plate which was fish, shrimp and fried green tomato with fries.

This was nice although the fried green tomato was a bit slimy.

Marie had the Bayou Burger which came with chopped braised prime rib.

She enjoyed this but found it quite filling.

We'd had lunch quite early so changed the ADR time of Le Cellier to half an hour earlier. You can do this on the day with ADRs via MDE but can't change the location (although this may be possible via the concierge or by calling, we've never tried).
We arrived a little early but were seated within a few minutes. Le Cellier is often described as crowded as the tables are too close together and they are quite. It's not a place for a romantic meal but luckily it was me and my sister and we generally ignore each other!
The restaurant is split into provinces of Canada and we were in Alberta. We were greeted with a little card thanking us for dining there again which I thought was nice.

We started with a variety of bread, including the fantastic pretzel bread. Now this is where we started to notice a pattern of things just not being quite as "generous" as they previously had. Normally you get two pretzel breadsticks and on previous visits we've been offered just pretzel bread.

They do the Minute Maid Light Pomegranate Lemonade here so I chose that. They don't do it everywhere and I really like it.

Marie had been dying to try poutine at some point so we decided to get this as a starter to share and pay OOP. We got the Le Cellier Signature which has a red wine reduction as the gravy and truffle shavings.

This was a big disappointment. The chips tasted burned but Marie thinks she heard the server say they're "twice fried". The red wine reduction wasn't too great either. Our server was so excited about them we didn't have the heart to say we didn't like them so just ate a few and said we were saving ourselves for our mains. This is the second time I'd had poutine and up to that point I was really disappointed both times. It seems like such a winning idea too! There is more on this later in the report though .

We both ordered the Le Cellier Signature Filet Mignon for mains. This comes with mushroom risotto and a truffle butter sauce. Sometimes they change bits of it and this year it came with asparagus & tomato relish.

This was delicious as usual. I know a lot of people don't rate Le Cellier but it's never let us down (poutine excepted!).

For dessert I went with the Crème Brulee as it's very light after a big meal.

This was lovely as always.

Marie went for the Coffee & Donuts which were maple pecan donuts with a whisky caramel sauce and a coffee mousse.

She didn't eat all of these and I had one of the donuts. They were really nice. She was surprised at how light the coffee mousse was too.

This would have cost just over $150 with the addition of the poutine but cost 4 TS credits plus the $10 or so for the poutine. We left the 20% tip as our server was excellent and chatted about coming to Scotland to work.

Total credit use was 2 QS and 4 TS today.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List