Old 4 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 3 - Be Our Guest, Tony’s & Les Halles

I'd really like to start by apologising to anyone expecting a review of The Wave breakfast. For the third trip we have been unsuccessful in our attempt to try this. We realised the day before that being in the park before opening is so much more pleasant that trying to get in with the crowds, particularly MK where we were headed this morning, so I did some browsing for an 8am Be Our Guest ADR. I managed to get one for 8am so booked it and cancelled The Wave. We will get there one of these days!

We arrived just at 8am and were maybe third in the queue to pay. We'd pre-ordered the day before to save some time queuing. It became apparent that the people at the front of the queue were having problems. A CM came to advise the one taking payments but kept disappearing despite the fact there was a large queue. The original CM started making notes and it was quite obvious there was an IT issue. Another CM eventually arrived and tried to help the woman in front (who was laughing with us that this was upsetting her very firm itinerary!) but they couldn't seem to process DDP credits. As we were charging to our room she thought she could help us but couldn't do that either. She was however able to take our credit card. At this point there were various aspects of MDE down. Anyway, this meant that we were some of the first into the restaurant and for the first time ever we were able to sit at the window and watch the snow. This is hard to capture on camera.

Lovely ceiling.

Marie ordered the Croque Madam.

She really likes this but is a big fan of the cheese toastie in general.

I had the Bacon & Egg Open Sandwich. I've had this before and enjoyed it.

Tray of pastries. Beware the brown muffin - it's not chocolate. I wasn't fooled this time!

I know this gets slated sometimes but we enjoy it and it gets you in prime position for the Fantasyland rides. It cost us $53.25 ($25 each then tax). It includes a drink which is unofficially unlimited as the cups sit at the drinks station. I've seen us have a coffee or tea and a soft drink on occasion. Had we been on DDP it would have been 2 QS credits.

Edit: I just wanted to add that previous visits to BoG breakfast we found the fruit to be pretty bad and didn’t eat it. This time it was fresh and tasty so I certainly ate all mine.

Mid-morning we were passing Aloha Isle and decided it was definitely not too early for Dole Whip. We got a Dole Whip Float each.
I got pineapple/vanilla swirl in pineapple juice as I find pineapple/pineapple too pineappley.

Marie got pineapple & pineapple float.

As we did last year we took them over to the seats near where Aladdin and Jasmine do their meet and greet. This is a great area with quite a few tables all in the shade.

These cost us $5.85 each so $11.70. Or would have been 2 snacks on DDP.

By lunchtime we were starting to consider if we wanted TS or QS food. We decided on TS and I checked the MDE app to see what was available. There were a few options but we decided on Tony's Town Square.

We were given ciabatta and olive oil.

Marie ordered ravioli. She was asked if she wanted chicken with it but she declined.

I had the chicken alfredo.

We had to have dessert as they do tiramisu here and Marie is obsessed with it. I suppose I could have said no...

I chose the cannoli. This was just ok. I think maybe I just don't like cannoli as this is the second time I've had it and thought it was just ok. I think I expect something different.

This was $71.34 plus tip. It would have been 2 TS credits on DDP.

We decided to pop to Epcot for dinner seeing as we were so close. Having had a big lunch we weren't that hungry so decided to pop into Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. We both enjoy Lobster Bisque and they have it on the menu here although it's Bisque de Homard in French. This seemed to cause an issue when we asked for it in English. I mean I know I was in "France" but I wasn't really! Anyway, turns out the CM was new and the other guy knew what we meant. We decided to have baguette with this. Now they do half a baguette for $1.95 or full one for $2.85 so we got a full one to split. This was really too big!

The lobster bisque was nice, if a little salty and good with the baguette. I ended up taking some of the baguette back to the room and eating it later. We got iced water to drink and added our squirty juice.
This cost $13.58 and would have been 3 snacks on DDP.

Marie had planned to get some fries from the To Go window which appeared to be closed. The window was closed and we saw someone go up to it, speak to the CM then leave. This happened a few times and we never actually got any food from it.

Total spends today were $149.87. It would have been 2 QS, 5 snacks (or 3 QS and 2 snacks) & 2 TS on DDP.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:34 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List