Old 6 Oct 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 7 - T-Rex & Bahama Breeze

Our last day was morning EMH at AK. We'd bought chocolate chip muffins from Boardwalk Bakery the night before to have in the room. I had also bought mini brownie cupcakes to eat later. The muffins were $6.58 plus tax but because I bought the other things I'm not sure how much exactly.

This was just ok.

We did second breakfast after the safari again at Kusafiri after enjoying the cinnamon roll so much the last time. This time it was a little burned at the edges but otherwise was lovely.

This time we got apple juice.

This cost $14.46 and would have been 3 snacks on DDP.

By lunchtime we were in DS and couldn't think where to eat. We checked the MDE app for any TS options but not much stood out. We had the Landry card so as we passed T-Rex decided just to go there.
We hadn't been for ages and were too hungry to make it all the way to Rainforest Café .

I got fish and chips.

This was nice but nothing special.

Marie got Country Fried Chicken.

She really enjoyed how the green beans were seasoned and said although one of the bits of chicken was tough the other was nice.

This cost us $54.83 and would have been 2 TS credits on DDP.

We popped back to Boardwalk to collect our luggage and decided to have some more ice cream before we left so popped to Ample Hills Creamery.

This time I had the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake and a scoop of Sally Sells Seashells which is orange marshmallow with chocolate seashells.

I really enjoyed the orange one so it's 3 out of 3 for flavours here so far.

Marie had enjoyed the Butter Pecan Brittle so much she had 2 scoops of that.

This cost $15.76 as I bought a bottle of Dasani too. I've checked and the small cup is a snack on DDP so this would have been 3 snacks on DDP.

Our last meal before leaving was at the airport. We'd heard there was now a Bahama Breeze so decided to try there instead of Outback where we'd tended to go before. The only seats were at one of the high tables which are kind of shared. We were at the end though with no one between us and the next party.

I ordered a BBQ burger and a strawberry lemonade.

The burger was nice but the chips not so much.

Marie got the Jerk Chicken Sandwich.

She said this was ok.

I don't seem to have the receipt for this. I remember I had a $50 note and we both had to put in $10 each so I think we left $70 including a tip. As airport food goes it was decent enough and we would go here or Outback next time.

Our next food was on the flight. Because the flight was so late we didn't get dinner until after 10pm and we were shattered. Marie didn't have anything at all. I had the chicken. This was announced as "something" chicken, chicken, rice and vegetables. I then asked the cabin crew who said "something" chicken, chicken, rice and vegetable. So I got the chicken. No idea what it was but it came with rice and vegetables . Pudding was butterscotch chocolate mousse which I couldn't eat as it was so bitter.
Breakfast was a disgusting breakfast burrito that Marie manage to eat but I couldn't. We had so long in Dublin before our Glasgow flight that I wasn't bothered. We went to The Loop and got an Irish breakfast while we waited. It was fine but cold.

Total spends (not counting the airport as that’s separate spends) was $91.63 or would have been 5 snacks and 2 TS on DDP.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:58 PM.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List