Old 19 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 10 - Margaritaville & Wolfgang Pucks Express

Today was Universal and we wanted to try and get there early so had breakfast in the room of one of the chocolate croissants and a mini muffin.

We started the day in Islands of Adventure but when we started to get hungry for second breakfast we realised there really isn’t anywhere unless you go back round to the entrance. The 3 Broomsticks change to lunch at 10.30am! I mean 10.30am! That’s mid-morning! Of course I already knew that because we ended up with lunch there several years ago at 10.30am!

Anyway, we got the Hogwarts Express to Universal Studios as there are better in-park options there in my opinion. We went to the San Francisco Pastry Co which is close to Diagon Alley. We both got a croissant and jam and a cappuccino. We had upgraded our tickets to annual passes, one being the preferred, and so got 10% off this. It came to $13.

We sat outside eating this listening to an English family complain to each other that they could only get one beer per person and complaining about the price.

A wee while later while in Diagon Alley we decided that we needed Butterbeer and Butterbeer Ice Cream because, let’s face it, that’s why we had bought Universal tickets! We went to the Hopping Pot which wasn’t too busy although there’s not much seating and we ended up on the steps nearby which isn’t ideal with an ice cream and a drink. This was really expensive although I can’t find the receipt. Butterbeer alone is $8.50 so I think we were over $30 for 2 drinks and 2 ice creams. We were able to get the AP discount here though.

I love Butterbeer Ice Cream. I would love to be eating that right now!

We were pretty much done by lunchtime so decided to eat at Citywalk on the way out. We went to Margaritaville as I had been sent a $5 off $25 spend for my birthday being a member of the Fins Up Club.

We were both a bit lazy and had the Cheeseburger in Paradise. We do like it though. This with a soft drink each cost $37 with the discount and before tip.

We went to Disney Springs for dinner again and decided on Wolfgang Pucks Express which is a favourite of ours and we hadn’t managed that far round yet!
I got the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf as usual which come with mashed potato and Marie got the half roast chicken subbing the mash for fries. I also paid OOP for a chocolate chip cookie which was $2. I really love their cookies!

This was nice but not particularly hot. A common complaint at normal QS but I expect better at the kind where you order and they bring the food to you.

Once back at the resort we had a cup of tea. Marie had some of her Tiramisu from Publix and I had a quarter of my Strawberry Shortcake (spoiler alert – I didn’t ever finish this before it went out of date).

Credits used – 2 QS
OOP – about $85 at Universal

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List