View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Been a while since i've updated this Haven't done an awful lot of planning in the interim to be honest (just beavering away with the saving to pay for it all!) but with our ADR date being less than 2 weeks away I thought i'd best finalise our Disney plans. I subscribed to Touringplans a while back and the crowd calendar has been invaluable (along with The Dibb's busy day guide of course!) I haven't looked much into the other sections of the site, ie. itineraries, as yet but I plan to soon.
So after much deliberating and rearranging, here we have Our Disney Plan!

Sat 16th: Arrive, hopefully have a reasonable wait through immigration (thinking positive!) and get the magical express to CBR. Dinner at the resort food court, can't see us being up for going further afield on the first night.

Sun 17th: Magic Kingdom day. Early lunch at Be Our Guest at 11:00. Dinner at Ohana at 6:00. I can't see the kids being up to staying awake for the fireworks on the first night so we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Mon 18th: Epcot day. Early lunch at Garden Grill at 11:30. Dinner somewhere in the world showcase, really like the look of the Tangierine Cafe. Again, I doubt the fireworks would be doable at this point so likely we'll go back to CBR after dinner.

Tues 19th: Hollywood Studios day. Early lunch at Docking Bay 7 and dinner at ABC Commissary (will try for a 5:00 ADR for this) Considering booking Oga's Cantina for OH but not sure where to fit it in, maybe after lunch. Planning to stay for Fantasmic, fingers crossed for a dry day!

Weds 20th: Rest day. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9:00, visit Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs. Dinner at Polite Pig.

Thurs 21st: Magic Kingdom day 2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for all 3 kids at 11:00 and Cinderella's Royal Table at 12:30 (hoping these timings will work OK, may do 10:30 and 12:00 instead) Dinner at Columbia Harbour House. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Fri 22nd: Animal Kingdom day. Early lunch at Satuli Canteen and dinner at Boma at 6:00. Planning to stay for Rivers of Light.

Sat 23rd: Hollywood Studios/Epcot split day. Early lunch at Woody's Lunchbox and dinner at Teppan Edo at 6:00. Planning to stay for the fireworks.

Sun 24th: Rest day. Breakfast at the Spyglass Grill at CBR, visit Blizzard Beach and Winter Summerland for minigolf then Hoop de doo at 6:15.

Mon 25th: Animal Kingdom day 2: Early lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. It's likely to be morning EMH here today so hopefully we can take advantage of that and leave mid afternoon. It's Memorial Day so i'm expecting it to be pretty busy! Dinner at T Rex at 6:00 and using up any leftover dining plan credits in Disney Springs.

Tues 26th: Check out early and head to the Hard Rock Hotel. Undecided whether to pick up our hire car early on this day or on Monday evening so we have it ready to go asap. Leaning towards the latter. It doesn't cost any more in hire charges, just adds on one night's parking charge at CBR which isn't a huge deal.

I'm anticipating using snack credits for breakfasts most days so hopefully between that and something else between meals we shouldn't end up with too many spare credits, although if I must spend them in Ghirardelli before they expire then so be it!
After Disney we have 2 days at Universal with FOTL access before we move to the villa for 9 nights. I've made a rough plan of parks to visit and restaurants I like the look of but i'm anticipating we can take a more relaxed approach for the second half of our holiday. One thing I can't really predict is how tired the kids will get and for that reason i'm anticipating having to miss one or more Disney evening shows/fireworks on the nights we have them planned. However, as we have 14 day tickets which don't expire til 31st there is some flexibility to pop back to Disney when we're staying at the villa. I know a lot of people like to take afternoon breaks with kids but when we tried that at Disneyland Paris I felt like it used up a lot of time for little benefit so i'm not entirely sold but not opposed to the idea.
Feel like i've got a big chunk of planning done now and so excited that the 6 month mark is fast approaching!

Edited at 10:30 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List