View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

bumping this to just add a couple of minor recipe updates... first off, i now use passata instead of chopped tomatoes, reduce it down in a frying pan to a more puree-like consistency - if you make a hole in the sauce in the pan with your spatula, and it doesnt all run back to fill the hole immediately, you have the right consistency!

i also found the bicarb of soda thing to make it taste weird, so i stopped using that (and rarely use carrot too, as its time consuming to grate it)

finally, brushing the crust with some good olive oil, and a light sprinkling of course salt. i think i nicked that idea off wolfgang puck, but i cant find the video (possibly from the pizza show on viceland) - it really makes it look loads better, as well as taste great!

in case you want to watch the pizza show, have a look here: video.vice/en_uk/show/pizza-show

*edit*
it mightve been his appearance on "ugly delicious" on netflix where he cooks with dave chang. again, something else worth watching if you love pizza!

Edited at 03:30 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List