View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Pre Travel day for NYC

Day 0-Tuesday 16th October 2018

We started off the day by heading into Brighton city centre where Arron got some new sunglasses. This proved to be quite the task in October
Found some in Burton that ended up being £3!

We popped to Morrisons where we grabbed meal deals(can be seen in the food report!) and headed home.

We did a final check in the flat before going out to catch our National Express.

It was lovely weather today which was good for our little walk, we just had to get over to Pool Valley coach station.

We arrived around 12:20 and our coach was already there, so we perched for a few minutes before checking in.

This was super straightforward & the driver asked which terminal we wanted to stop at. I had only booked for the Central 1 & 2 so it was ace to know we could stop at Terminal 4.

The drive was easy, we left Brighton at 12:40 andv had a pretty smooth driver all the way to Heathrow, we got to T4 at 2:45.

The driver had written the terminal in chalk on our cases & it was really difficult to get off

We headed into the terminal and followed the signs to the hotels, it was quite a maze style walk to the Hilton & Premier Inn and took around 15 minutes through a tunnel!

When we started to approach Premier Inn the lights were purple hued.

We checked in and paid £52.96 for the meal deal & booked dinner for 6:30 before heading up to Room 738.

We used the lift this time as we had cases, but decided we would use the stairs where possible instead.

The room was nice.

We had a sky view and I always like Premier Inn's compared to similar hotels.

Arron was feeling abit ropey from the bus ride so we chilled in the room for a while with a cup of tea.

I watched Tenable while Arron set up his Switch & played a couple of things.

Around 5pm we decided to go to Terminal 3 to have a practice of our morning journey!

This seemed like there were so many escalators, which we thought was weird considering we were still in the airport.

It was quick to get across as the train was at 17:11, now you know this won't happen tomorrow

We got into T3 and found the Virgin desks, so we were all prepared for then morning.

Also saw Darwin, which was a restaurant but also the name of a project i'd been in the midst of for months. Work follows me!

Back on the train to T4 at 17:45, we were both quite sleepy and the train was dead quiet too

We walked back up to our room and saw this lovely sunset on our walk over.

We went downstairs for dinner at 6:30 which was very enjoyable and delicious. We were down there until 8pm having a nice time and eating lots of food!

Arron plumped for a Costa before we walked back upstairs.

We got back upstairs and watched Home Alone until bed.

debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List