View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 14, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Roy's

I'm starting this foodie report with a restuarant that doesn't often get a mention on the Dibb, it is on restaurant row, Sandlake Road, a few doors along from seasons 52. It is easily a match for the signature Disney restaurants but is a fraction of the price. If you join their "club" they send offers throughout the year, such as a free appetiser or dessert, or for August 2014 it was $25 off a spend of $50. These pictures are from October 2013 when DH and I visited alone on "date night" a few days' before our anniversary: the children were at the parks with our nephew who had joined us for part of our holiday. There is a much cheaper bar menu/Happy hour too and the food is equally delicious and great value at this time. It is an upscale restaurant, this one is quite dark inside, with a large open kitchen down one side. The service is impeccable: approx 2 or 3 servers per table.

This looks like a muddled mojito:

And a pina colada:

The edamame with salt and chilli amuse bouche are brought to your table (free) whilst you decide what you are having

This is the tuna sushi appetiser,
Roy's Original Blackened Island Ahi* with Spicy Soy Mustard
sauce

The appetiser sunrise roll (tuna, avocado, yellowtail and salmon) around $14

The Roasted Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi, with a Cream sauce instead of Lobster Cream Sauce, I think this is perfection and simplicity on a plate, it was $28 compared to $45 or more in a Disney signature

The baked molten chocolate lava cake, which was also presented free of charge

Edited at 04:48 PM.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List