View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 10, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
The Aux input is usually a 3.5mm socket, exactly the same as a headphone socket, so you basically need a headphone lead with a plug at both ends. Don't go to maplin, they will charge well over the odds. Try CPC farnell in preston. (though delivery might kick in).
I hate maplin, they do what pc world do and charge you for not really knowing what you're after.
you want a "3.5mm to 3.5mm" jack lead... i've put links below.

Ipods have good enough batteries to not need charging anyway, especially if you have a dock in the house. In the car you only use the same power as you would in the house.

cpc.farnell/jsp/search

maplin
you'll have to tick cables, or scroll through a few pages to get to the leads on the maplin link, but you can hopefully see the price differences.

Some monitors come with these cables if they have speakers fitted. (if you bought an appropriate monitor you might already have a lead, I did !
Thank you very much. Very helpful I'll have a look at those sites and get a reasonable priced one great tip.

Originally Posted by sueandco View Post
Bear in mind it depends what ipod you have. My husbands will work in the car through the aux but my ipod touch won't, I assume I would need a slightly different lead.
Thank you we both have a nano so hopefully they will work for us, shame your doesn't you'll have to put some of your music on your husbands .

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List