View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
I live in Burnham-on-Crouch - a little piece of heaven built from oyster fishing. There are lots of pubs and some with accommodation and good food and some lovely walks along the salt marsh trails. Nearby there is Maldon which is an ancient town built on the banks of the Blackwater and famous for salt. It’s home to some glorious sailing barges and they do trips out to the estuary. The oldest (supposedly) church in England is in the area - St Peter on the Wall at Bradwell.

We looked at houses around the Essex coastline before settling for Burnham. We didn’t take to Frinton at all - just our opinion mind. We could only see one pub and it was modern. We really liked Wivenhoe (there is a lovely old part) and Brightlingsea. The latter is a very interesting place. We really like it here. Essex and Suffolk have some beautiful places but not all are by the coast. Saffron Walden and Lavenham are two of my favourite places to visit but not near the sea.

If you are going south what about Brighton? DD was at uni here and we spent several weekends here. It’s vibrant, edgy, historical and has an abundance of decent restaurants. We’ve walked miles here and just kept exploring and finding new things. The laines are so quaint and there are some lovely shops there.
Someone I worked with used to live in Burnham-on-Crouch (but work was Scottish based). This is the only time I have ever heard it mentioned out with the office!

I wonder if you knew him.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List