View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This Revisited Easter 2018 Style - Day 10

This morning I woke up around 8.30 and I went down to marketplace to get the coffees in our mugs. When I got back we had our snacks from the boardwalk bakery with our coffees. I had a chocolate peanut butter bar , This was chocolate cake and peanut butter in layers with chocolate ganache on top and a chocolate stick, this was really good!

DH had a chocolate chip muffin which he enjoyed. It was nice a moist with lots of chocolate chips.

DH had the speciality cupcake, which was vanilla wish a frosting in the Center with decorative frosting on top.

We sat out on the patio area enjoying the warm air and peace and quiet.

After breakfast I went for a wander around the resort to take some pictures. This was the quiet pool area by the beach club villa's that we never got chance to use.

There is a lovely quiet room off the main lobby area where you can sit and chill, this looks out into the quiet pool.

The view from the beach over onto the boardwalk is just stunning.

I just love this resort and I'm sad to be leaving!

We packed up our stuff and filled up our mugs on the way out at this point the weather changed and there was a huge proper Florida thunderstorm, the kind that drenched you through in seconds!
We drove over to the contemporary for our lunch (brunch) reservation at 12.00pm at chef Mickey's.
Dd had a chocolate milk to drink.

Dh had a coke as he was driving now and I had another magical star cocktail again with a glow cube 😊

The buffet had the usual breakfast items along with some additional lunch items. First up I got some scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, tater tots, baked salmon, a bagel, smoked salmon and cream cheese. It was all really good! I especially enjoyed the crispy bacon, really over cooked and not a huge about if fat for streaky bacon.

Dd had tater tots, pancake, scrambled eggs, Mickey waffle some strawberries and maple syrup.

DH had sausages, chicken, scrambled eggs and pancakes. He really enjoyed the scrambled eggs, they were really light and buttery.

Next up DH tried the baked salmon which had a taste he couldn't put his finger on at first but he thinks the crumb must have had mustard or horseradish is. He had some of the beef pot roast with mushroom sauce which he said was delicious and the carrots.

I had a Mickey waffle with maple syrup, I'm not actually a huge fan on waffles but had to have one as it's shaped like Mickey 😂

DH then had some fruit and whipped cream.

I feel like the desserts here have really upped their game. There was rice crispie bars, doughnuts, sticky buns, cookies, lemon and raspberry cake and Micky mousse domes which we didn't try as we were too full. I did have a magic blondie bar which was delicious! A cookie dough cannoli which was just pure sugar and fat too sweet! And a mango/passion fruit panna cotta, don't think I like panna cotta the texture is horrible! I wish I'd tried some of the other desserts instead as they also looked really good.

They had a self serve ice cream station with mini cones and chocolate, vanilla or swirl ice cream. Dd had one of these and there is a selection of toppings you can add so we went for Mickey sprinkles, marshmallows, m&m's, chocolate chips and gummy bears.

The characters were great, especially goofy who was really funny and had so much energy. He was reeling people in, creeping up on people and giving hundreds of kisses. He was fab!

The total bill came to $129.40 and we used 3 dining credits. Again very expensive for the amount of food you end up eating but DD absolutely loves chef Mickey's and was so excited about it when she found out this morning that's where we were going.

After chef Mickey's the plan had been to go to animal kingdom, I had fastpasses for flight of passage but due to the weather we decided to sack it off and head to the mall instead. Our rides on flight of passage would have to wait until the summer. I do love the ride but we are hoping DD May have grown the extra inch and a half she needs to in order to ride it with us so in that sense I don't mind waiting until we can all do it together!

It took around half an hour to get to Florida mall via turkey lake/sand lake road, it was so busy probably because of the weather being so bad. I got a pair of jeans in hollister and a body spray for $29.

n Aeropostale I bought some joggers for $15 and a t shirt for $6 and DH got some shorts for $16. There wasn't a lot that took our fancy and things also seemed very expensive generally.

We left Florida mall about 4.50pm and the plan had been to call on at the outlets on the way past but the traffic was horrendous along sand lake road and it took us an hour to get to Disney springs so we scrapped the plan of the outlets and parked up in the lime garage and walked down to chef art smiths homecomin' for our dinner reservation.
We checked in and we were given a pager, it took about 15 minutes for our table to be ready, this restaurant is clearly very popular it was heaving inside!

I ordered a blueberry bliss cocktail, I can't seem to find it anywhere on a menu, but it was very good, it was very heavy on the alcohol.

DH had a Florida crush cocktail, this was also very good made with fresh Florida orange juice as you would expect.

For starters I had the thigh high chicken bites. These were effectively 3 pieces of fried chicken each inside a cheese scone served with pickle slices. These were absolutely delicious but this is no starter! This is enough to feed 2 people at the beast of times! I had to admit defeat after eating 2 or I wouldn't have any room for anything else.

DH had the jasper board, this was 2 those of shaved ham, pimento cheese, smoked fish dip, candies pecans, pickles and buttermilk crackers. There was absolutely loads of food here, again too much for one person but DH really enjoyed it and did his best to finish it.

For our mains I ordered the chopped pork barbecue plate this is pulled pork dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits. This was really good but I didn't do it justice at all, the Mac and cheese was so cheesy and thick, I couldn't even face the scone after the starter!

DH had the Florida grouper this was grilled and served over KC greens with iron skillet sweet potatoes, he really enjoyed this but again too much food!

Dd had the kids cheeseburger meal with fries and even the kids burger was massive, she managed half.

We didn't even try and attempt dessert, we admitted defeat right here, we ordered the cake to go, we went for the doughnuts and the hummingbird cake which will no doubt make an appearance for breakfast tomorrow.

Our total bill came to $16 for DD.
We used our final 2 meal credits for the rest that should have come to $142.71.
All in all we really enjoyed homecomin' I can see why it's so popular, the portions are huge and the food is fantastic quality!
After dinner we had a wander through Disney springs looking in shops and listening to the various entertainers throughout the different areas. We finally made our way down to goody's candy company where we let DD spend the remaining snack credits.

She got a tub of cotton candy and a tube of different flavours of sherbet for herself and picked up 2 bags of goofy candy company sweets to take back for 2 of her friends at school.

We left Disney springs around 10pm and made our way back to the red lion.
Dd was particularly sad about not returning to the beach club, as am I, but I don't think I could have managed a further day on the deluxe dining plan, it's too much food for any more than 2 nights/3 days.
To summarise the value we got from it, the dining plan cost us $545 and our meals cost would have been $937, on top of that we got 3 refillable mugs Worth $57 but we wouldn't have bothered with 3 if we were buying them for such a short amount of time. We also got 12 snack credits at an average value of $5 that's $60 of value. I definitely feel we got value for money out of the deluxe dining plan. The only place I felt we were ordering needlessly was homecoming where I wouldn't have bothered with a starter had I been paying cash. However the doughnuts and cake will make a fab breakfast! We would have paid for a couple of character meals for Dd anyway and DH and I like to eat at one or two of our favourite places each trip so our dining plan cost was just what we would have paid out on them meals anyway and allowed us to eat at a few more for effectively no extra cost.
I will have to weigh up whether I think it's worth doing a night our 2 on the deluxe plan for our summer trip as there was a few meals we would like to do and it definitely makes it a cost effective way to do it but I don't know if I can face that much food again 🙈

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List