View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Holdensccs
slightly serious Dibber

The one unlike nothing you've ever read before - day 9 - A bit of shopping, travel day, home...

A final bit of packing done, there's no point hanging around so at 9.30 we just load the luggage into the car and check put of the hotel.

Breakfast is first on the agenda, and it has to be our new favourite, Cracker Barrel...

DW had pancakes
I had the beef brisket skillet.
Great breakfasts and good service too. $19 plus tip.

Wal-Mart next for more essentials to take home with us this time...
Rice a Roni, Jerky, jelly beans, pretzel pieces and underwear too...amongst others.

We deciden to spend.our last couple of hours at the outlets on Vineland, but we were just killing time and boughtonly a CK hat for DS.

Final drive in my lovely red Dodge Charger R/T, before reluctantly handing it back ( I've done 599 miles and used $70 in fuel and averaged 18.8mpg (US gallons)) just hope I'll be as lucky with the car in December. I had prepaid a full sizecar through BA for a total cost of £210 which was a steal in my opinion.

Bag drop was a simple process and our boarding passes say TSA pre on them... there's a separate queue for this (hope its a fastpass)

Yaaas it is a fastpass, through the security in 5 minutes flat when the queue was showing 30 to 35 mins... no need to take off shoes, belt, jacket and leave liquid baggie in bag... simples.

We had a wee snack at Nathans near the gate. Philly cheesesteak for me and chicken tenders for DW

We then found that we were too late to get duty free as our flight had been called, despite there being 50 mins to departure... never mind, we got some onboard at roughly the same price.

The triple 7 on the way home is a refurbished aircraft. The seats are not quite as comfy as the older aircraft (or should that be slightly more uncomfortable than) mainly due to them being shorter. However we've got a bulkhead row (31) and so we can recline with impunity, which makes a difference. I also suspect thet the flight was sold as the old configuration as there are loads of free seats, so I can move to the aisle and leave the middle free.
The IFE screens are much bigger and better quality, its handy to have the usb too I expect, ours unfortunately wasn't working!
Food on the flight was dire, really dire... good job we ate at Nathans!
Flight was quick though and we arrived a bit ahead if schedule.

As noted on our outbound travel day, Gatwick is an awful airport, has to be endured though, but its worse on the way home somehow.

Wish we we're still there.. instead of sitting in Gatwick airport waiting for the flight to Glasgow.

Tomorrow I'm hoping t o do a hotel review and an overall trip review...
Thanks for sticking with me and also for your comments on my daily posts.

Holdensccs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List