View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Travel day! (Part 1)

Good morning from the Virgin V Lounge at Manchester airport

I didn’t sleep very well as to be expected in airport hotels.. although I must have fell asleep as my alarm woke me up at 6.15am.

We got into security with our fastpasses as 7am and there was an hours wait!

We headed straight to boots for a meal deal (you’ll see that later), duty free for some perfume and sunglasses then into the lounge.

It’s quite busy in here, although we picked up a table quite easily. I think we could easily lose track of time!

We were told to help ourselves to cold food, we would be served hot food, coke and lemonade could be picked up at the bar and we would have to pay for any alcoholic drinks. WiFi is free.

Here’s some photos of what’s on offer...

To start we had a bacon cob and a sausage cob. The cobs were both soft and fluffy - just like what they wanted in this weeks Bake Off Technical

Then I’ve had a croissant- wow it tasted nice, I’ve not had anything pastry like for AGES!

DH went up for a cooked breakfast which he said was very nice...

And I’ve got what I believe is a tonic water with strawberry and mint in it.. it’s very fancy in the little glass bottle.

That’s our morning so far! Our flight is 9.55am and it says boarding is 9am so not much longer now. I may pop into accessorize because it’s kind of a tradition on holiday, right?

Thanks again everyone for following along... next time I update I’ll be in Orlando!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List