View Single Post
Old 18 May 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mcfly
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
This is the reason I always refuse any upgrade at the desk ( I accept them in the parking lot of course when you dont need to sign another agreement )
We upgraded at the counter in the parking lot - not the main counter in the terminal. This is why I was caught by surprise- I thought “Jose” was doing me a favour. I even tipped him $10 for “taking care of me” - which he mentioned several times. Now I feel like a mug.

Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
Unfortunately this is one of those things to chalk up to experience and move on. However pursue with Alamo first but as Tom Morrow says they will produce a signed contract if you try going through he credit card route. My only dealings with Alamo like this is when they charged me for fuel but I returned the car full but after a couple of emails they refunded me.
Yes I’m resigned to losing this one - but still gutted as it’s a lot of money and has definitely taken the edge of the holiday for me. It was our first USA holiday as a family. The rest of the holiday was absolutely fantastic so I will forget it - but I’d love to make Alamo realise what a dirty trick this was and how it can really ruin someone’s experience.

Edited at 10:24 PM.
mcfly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List