Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I find myself in a similar situation to the lady in the first post. I booked my villa in Feb (unfortunately not through the Dibb site) and paid my deposit. I contacted the villa owner today to pay the balance to find that she has sold the villa and I am left high and dry over the Christmas period. I had planned a family holiday for grandad, gran, 2 daughters, their partners and 2 grandchildren for Christmas and New Year in Florida (our first visit) and now have flights booked but no accommodation. How do you know villa owners wont let you down in this way. I am now desperately searching for another villa over the very busy Christmas and New Year period but not having much success.

Desperate Mary
Mary whilst I don't know you nor you me I truly feel very sorry for you left 'high and dry' at such a busy time' It's disgraceful that you've been treated in this way and not even given the courtesy of an explanation nor your deposit back.

If it's a U.K. owner I'd hope that you could get your money back via the small claims court but your immediate attention is drawn to finding the right villa with the help of genuine, caring owners who would not put you through this stress. It's hard to judge character and circumstance but as you get to know the Dibb and all the helpful people on here I hope that your faith will be restored and your holiday will be salvaged.

Please use this site to your best advantage and ask for help from villa owners in the requests and offers section.

If you are finding it difficult to navigate this site as you are new to posting then please feel free to ask me for help to point you in the right direction.

Best wishes, Karen. x
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List