View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I honestly don't know. Probably Donna will have the answer.

I keep seeing reports of incidents on the line with SunRail and they show the track and in places it looks like it was laid by a person who didn't have a theodolite! However they are using existing track not new.

I know the cross country lines are all over the place as when they built them in the 1800's they got paid per mile so never took a direct route - money before speed!
Brightline are completely separate from Sunrail. Sunrail really is just a commuter service that has tons of level crossings and crawls through Downtown Orlando. I do wish they had a link to the Disney area. Our nearest stations are Poinciana and Downtown Kissimmee. I can be in Downtown Orlando in the amount of time it would take me to drive to either one.

The Brightline service will be very useful especially if they extend it to Tampa. It would open up the cruise ports there and in Miami to a bigger market as well. If the prices are ok I would use the DS station to get to MCO instead of paying for parking as well.

The new line going from Miami to MCO definitely doesn't meander. The tracks will run right next to 528 for the stretch between MCO and Cocoa Beach. They are making very quick progress and have used a new very efficient technique for the needed bridges near the airport. I am very surprised that there isn't a station planned for Port Canaveral. I would have thought eliminating all those coach journeys between MCO and the Port would have made sense.