View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Thanks people - to answer the question in the first response, I was wondering if there are things I should ask for - like ‘extras’ they don’t necessarily tell you about. Is it worth going extra early to the airport to enjoy the lounge - Escape plus rather than a clubhouse at Manchester, right? How much food do you get - it looks a lot of different things but maybe small portions?
Is the bar self-service - it looks like it on the videos I’ve seen but it’s not obvious?

2 Serious questions:
1: can you get coffee /tea at any time during the flight? (I don’t want to be zonked on booze the whole flight and miss the experience, though I will definitely have a few drinkies!
I notice the snacks they serve with the drinks appear to be ‘posh’ crisps - I happen to love the little bags of pretzels you get in economy and I’m not a fan of crisps generally - will they think I’m bonkers asking for my pretzels?

Thanks Dibbers for sharing my excitement! I’ve had a silly grin on my face since we booked it 😂
Hiya TA, I know Virgin were due to open their Manchester Clubhouse in Spring and have no idea if Covid put a stop to that, if so, depending on the next few months the Clubhouse may be open when you head off

Re The Escape, purely us, after using the Escape afore travelling UC we were not impressed, and even tho UC gave us complimentary entry we gave the Escape a wide swerve, opting to check in 70 mins pre-push back, heading straight to the departure lounge.

You'll notice a big difference in UC, basically unlimited legroom - the A330-300 has a seat width of 22", the 200 was refitted to 20". We can't take advantage of the lie flat bed as it's way too hard for us, but being able to recline with legs up, shoes off, ding dong

You can have coffee as and when you like, Virgin had a coffee machine in the galley and I'm guessing still will. Snacks are also available. Most importantly, you've paid for your seat so enjoy the service and journey The only downside, you will not want to go back to economy, something we haven't done since we began flying PE/UC.