View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have laughed so much at your last day, I love how you ordered the mystery meals. I’m so pleased they turned out so well 😂

I’m sure the reason you found the transport so easy to use was down to Evan’s mastery of Spanish relating to transportation 😂 . I do agree that GCSE language courses seem to teach unuseful vocabulary. Georgia learnt Welsh at GCSE level and gave a speech on the dangers of drugs in Welsh, she has an A grade GCSE but would struggle to ask directions if we got lost 😃

I love our European holidays and even though we don’t speak any other language, we always find the locals very helpful wherever we go and get by somehow and it is nice to see other cultures on our trips. Madrid looks really nice and I think it can go on my, ever growing, list of places to visit
I’m quite sure it was Evan’s knowledge of public transport that gave us such an easy time with the Metro!

I’m impressed with the speech in Welsh though, it’s not an easy language. Glad you liked the report and enjoy Madrid if you get to go.

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Thanks for sharing! I'm just about to book Madrid mini break for my wedding anniversary so this was great!
Have a lovely time, we thought it was great

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another great day! You were very brave on guessing the menu! We would have had to ask “sin carne?” and hope

I agree about late flights back - I booked an extra night in the airbnb in Iguasu Falls just so the last day would not be wasted - we had an 11.55pm flight!

Thanks for posting it!
At least we all eat most things so could be fairly confident we would manage - being veggie would have been much harder.

There wasn’t much choice about flight times but I wouldn’t have picked late evening. Hope your late flight isn’t too much of a pain
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List